Sunday, September 26, 2010

They Call Her Miri


Her friends,
think they know her
better than anyone.

Better than I do.
But they don't;
They don't know her
the way I do.

Her friends,
think
they can make her laugh
harder than anyone.
But they can't;
They can't make her laugh
the way I can.

Her friends,
think they've known her
forever.
Longer than any
of her friends.
But they have no idea
how long I've known her.

Her friends,
think they are better friends
than anyone could wish for.
Best friends.
But they aren't.
They haven't been there
for her
when she needed it most.

Miranda,
knows me better than anyone,
and I know her the same.


Miranda,
makes me laugh harder than anyone has,
and I do the same for her.

Miranda,
has known me since I was two,
and I've known her,
since the day she was born.

Miranda is
my best friend. I just hope
she considers me her best friend too.

They call her Miri,
I just call her Sis.

5 comments:

  1. Aww...I feel that way about my sister too...but don't tell her...Lovely poem!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your poem!!!!! It's amazing! I like how you ended it, "they call her Miri, I call her Sis". Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I used to feel the same about my siter, good poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean USED to feel the same way about your sister? You don't anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh Camila, I always knew you truly deeply loved her.

    ReplyDelete