Monday, September 27, 2010

Staying in Touch, Seems Somewhat Out of Reach




Yesterday I talked to Sabrina, but only for a few minutes; the way it always is. She'll log on spontaneously and then have to leave within a couple minutes. I've only talked to her for more than half an hour a few times since she left. We used to talk a lot more, about everything and anything, but now, it seems like we barely have time to talk about anything. Sometimes she'll just tell me that she did something and then log off. Before she left Panama, she assured me that we would talk everyday and that it would be like she had never left. But now the words have become scarce, and the gaps between them, sometimes weeks. With this incredible lack of conversation, I fear she'll forget me. And eventually have no memory of me at all. I miss her so much; I don't have enough time to tell her that. Staying in touch is becoming harder and harder; certainly much harder than I thought it would be.

10 comments:

  1. Aww that's sweet, I don't think she'll forget you. You guys are like best friends, even if you don't talk as much as you used to. Keep talking to her, and soon one day she'll talk to you for hours :). Haha nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again! A great story crippeled by a gramtical error! The expression half AN hour is correct, yet half AND hour is not. Revise and your story about you trying to convince yourself that people don't move on will be 100% perfect(Or fab, as you like to call it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said half AN hour. Check again if you don't believe me. Anyways, I'm not asking anyone to be perfect; I just want to be able to talk to her more often. That's all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Memoir Camila!
    you did a very good job, keep on doint it:)
    oh and Nicholas she wrote half AN hour..bye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, in the magical land of editing she did write half AN hour. Yet in the land of her original post, she did not.

    Because of my comment, she corrected her story making it 1000 times better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice memoir monday. Yeah its kinda hard to keep in touch with people who've moved away.

    Maybe u should read stories more carefully, before u point out grammatical errors, Nicholas. There's always a chance ur wrong. I know it seems impossible, but this proves it. U CAN be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be so pleased with yourself. I added a single letter by accident. And if I remember correctly, you aren't exactly the best writer either....

    " 'Cough, cough' I coughed"

    Remember that? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did read it over and I must have just skipped over this. I'm sorry! (to everyone cept Nikki)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good story, i know what you mean. I try to keep in touch with old friends, but it seems everybody has better things to do. :S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im sorry if you have felt "ignored" but I was really busy those few days, im free now. I miss you too sooooo much and i hate when we cant talk. sorry:(

    ReplyDelete