Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dearest Sports...


I want to apologize to you in advance. I hate sports. It's not you, it's me. I don’t have anything against the players or you, it's just participating in playing that I don't like. Running around in the sun, chasing after a ball? Not to mention the humidity that only adds to unpleasant experience. During P.E, I am forced to play, and run. Which implies sweating (Not one of my favorite things. Ask around if you don't believe me). Now I would like to address you all by name and tell you why I feel the way I do. Soccer, I love watching the world cup, but I really don't like chasing after a ball and kicking it into a "goal" (tubes welded together covered with netting if you ask me). Football, I love watching; every season I sit in and watch my favorite team. When it comes to playing though, I can't stand you. It's too hot to run, get the play right and focus on catching a ball all at the same time. Hockey, I already figure skate. Sorry! Basketball, I have a lack of hand-eye coordination, so I always end up hurting myself and those within 5 feet. Once again, it's not you, it's me. I don’t want to hurt any feelings, but I must confess to all of you...I don’t like you. Not one bit. Don't bother writing back. I'm already decided.

I'm sorry! (This doesn’t change anything)
Camila Gomez

5 comments:

  1. I liked how you wrote it as if it was a letter sent to "sports." I thought the parenthesis added a friendly and funny tone to the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I agree with Mig. it was like the sports were actually people :P
    I cant wait until I have you in my PE class. I'm only going to pass it to you and hear you scream "NO!!!!!" and "AHHHHH!!!!!!" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well writen, a concise "letter" to all sports. Although I completly disagree with it's contents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cami this was really creative! Describes perfectly how you feel about sports (I have seen you try, u do get hurt sometimes. It was great to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. jajaja this story reminds me of some many ways only you can get hurt playing sports.

    ReplyDelete