Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sleepover







Wednesday
To Thursday,
What best friends do
Whenever we get the chance.

Sleepovers are when
We get to chat
And joke,
Even share opinions.

We talked about deadlines;
The one that was steadily approaching.

We talked about tests
And the anxiety they bring.

We talked about math;
How difficult it’s going to be.

We talked about Spanish;
How we’d rather not
Have to speak it.

Before we knew it,
Her mom was waiting for her outside my house;
Time to say good-bye.

“Bye Ally!”
I tried to smile
As I gave her a hug.

The final goodbye
Bitter
And sour.

“Have a safe flight!”
I waved until the car was no longer visible.

This coming semester
Is going to be
The hardest one
Yet…

1 comment:

  1. awww so sweet, it must have been hard to say goodbye, i know it was hard for me.:(

    ReplyDelete