Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thinking of Times to Come

I Am…

I am strong, but I’m afraid…

I wonder what it will be like when I have to leave…

I hear the laughter & the happiness that surrounds me now and dread the tears to come…

I see the people I love and the place I never want to leave…

I want to stop time and never have to go…

I am strong, but I’m afraid…


I pretend there’s enough time to make it last…

I feel the nostalgia creep up on me, though I haven’t left yet…

I touch my own sorrows that hang thick in the air, threatening to smother me…

I worry that they will forget about me too soon…

I cry about losing everything I’ve known since elementary school…

I am strong, but I’m afraid…


I understand that this will be a good opportunity…

I say “hope for the best, expect the worst;” I can’t tell if it's good or bad yet…

I dream that it will be easier to leave than I think it will…

I try to convince myself that I will be happy there…

I hope they’ll miss me just as much as I know I’ll miss them…

I am strong, and I hope I will be able to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment