Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 17: Happy New Years!

2010 is finally over and I feel like it went by so quickly. 2010 had some really sad times, but at the same time, some really nice memories came from it. Around February last year, Sabrina's parents had gone on a trip to Mexico to find out if they were moving or not. I had begged for her to tell me as soon as she knew but she refused and told me that Ally had some news too and that they wanted to share it together. Knowing now what they were gonna tell me, I think it would have been so much better if they hadn't told me during school because I had a total emotional break-down when they did finally tell me. We were sitting at lunch, waiting for the news, when Sabrina finally announced that she was moving, only with a shrug and a blank look on her face. I was a bit confused about what was going on exactly because as soon as Sabrina finished her sentence she left the table and everyone started talking in a sort of panicky chatter.

I jumped up out of my chair and followed Sabrina. Behind me, Tiffany followed. We asked her what the final deal was and she said that she would be moving to Monterrey that summer. At that point I was already really sad because Sabrina truly understands me better than anyone has. We laugh at the same stuff, we help each other out when we don't understand, and we did just about everything together; plus, she was my only friend who would cuddle. Not in a creepy way or anything. I mean, who doesn't love to cuddle?! Sick people don't like to cuddle. Anyways, so I was pretty heart broken hearing that Sabrina was moving, but then again, I had already prepared myself for hearing the news that she was leaving. Hope for the best, expect the worst. When I came back to the table, Ally was sitting there, just sulking. I asked her what her news was and that's when I was in shock. Ally told me that she was moving, too. I didn't see that one coming. That was really bad. For a second or two I was in shock. Tiff came and sat next to me, and asked me what was going on. That's when I told her that both Ally and Sabrina were moving.Tiffany sort of just stared at me for a while. I think it sort of hit us both at the same moment because withing second were both sobbing next to each other.

Worst day ever. Officially.

That's pretty much what ruined the rest of the year. Now though, that it's a new year, maybe things will get better. I mean, we'll still miss Ally and Sabrina insanely, but now we've been grieving a while so I think it'll be be a better year. Anyways, I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year may all you reach all your aspirations and succeed in making this year, far better than the last.

1 comment:

  1. Very motivational. I feel suddently boosted to be an optimist and see the light side of the world.

    "That's pretty much what ruined the rest of the year."

    Doesnt that line just shed a wave of love and hope through you? It's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete