Sunday, January 30, 2011

Havoc Strikes in Small Republic of Noname

The remote country of Noname (Just to let you know, I couldn’t come up with a real name so I considered Country That Shall Not Be Named but that wouldn’t make sense so I called it No-name. Feel free to pronounce it however you like, preferably in a way that doesn’t sound like the words no and name put together) is in a complete state of anarchy. Due to the protests of the citizens, the president has been forced out of power and civilians have seized control over the small country. Without the rule of a stable government, everything is spinning out of control as laws are ignored and all authority has been disregarded. It is estimated that at least 150 people have been killed as citizens fight over power the power to control Noname, and more is expected.

An anonymous source shares that there have been several groups conspiring to overthrow the government for several years and other nations around the globe say that they wouldn’t be surprised if it had been designed for many years in advance. “You can tell it’s been planned meticulously over the past years,” states the source. “It would take a lot of planning to overthrow a government as stable as ours was,” he finishes.

Bordering countries say that they cannot apprehend why such violence broke out between the government and its citizens. They also report that if this continues they will have to invade the nation and stop the violence themselves.

4 comments:

  1. I like how it sounds like a new report! But maybe for the first paragraph where you wrote,"the president has been forced out of power and civilians have seized power," you could've put another word for power like...control? Other than that, awesome job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story! I really liked it
    The use of the words are very good, and I agree with Nysha, I like how it sounds like a new report!
    I like your stories, keep on doing them like that:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very creative. I can't believe I didn't notice that this was yours today in class. Well done, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you make it sound like in the news, and I also like how you made it sound very convincing of the plot for the citizens to seize control. Anyways excellent use of words! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete