Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 4: "I am pleased to notify you..."

A few days ago, Sunday at 9:00 A.M. to be exact (I'm keeping record), I received an email from none other than the official chairman of the Patriot's Pen essay competition I submitted an essay to earlier this past month. When I got the email, I was nervous, worried, and mostly afraid about what it would say, not really being sure of much at the moment. I knew my essay had been selected to compete in the Department level of the competition, but I really had no clue what had gone on exactly.

I started reading the introduction of the email that shows when it's in the inbox, when I read: "Camila, I am please to notify you that..." and the rest trailed off. At that second my heart skipped a beat and I just about died on the inside. I knew it had to be good news because why would you send someone an email starting with "pleased to notify," when all you really wanted to do was tell the poor person that their essay wasn't chosen and that therefore, was not a very good essay? I opened the email and read the whole thing through and soon discovered exactly what this was about. Apparently, my essay had been sent to Puerto Rico to compete on the Department level and it won! I was so exited when I read this that I was about to drop dead when I read the rest of the sentence. Since it won on the department level, it's being sent to compete in the National level! I just had to scream at that second, and I did. It was so exciting to see how far my essay had gone.

I am just so proud of how far I've gotten! I know that the chances of winning are slight but I just feel so blessed and honored that I could make it this far.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Your writing is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete