Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 2: Teeth Whitening

For the longest time, I've been dying to get my teeth whitened. I've begged, pleaded, beseeched my parents, but never have the succumbed so my tantrums and fits. However, when I got my braces of, a little over a month ago, my mom finally agreed to letting me get my teeth whitened. I thought it would be so much easier than it actually turned out to be though. So when we get there, the assistants put this sort of plastic brace all in my mouth to prevent my lips from touching my teeth during the procedure. I look pretty retarded in it too like I have some sort of disorder that doesn't allow me to close my mouth or speak like any normal person.The dentist puts this foamy sort of stuff on my gum line so that the bleach chemical they're about to put on my teeth doesn't damage the gums by accidentally burning it with acid. Sounds fun, right?



So after that they put on the bleaching agent and make me put on these orange safety goggles as to shield my eyes from the powerful laser light they are about to point directly onto my teeth in order to activate the chemical that'll bleach my teeth. So they make you sit there for 20 minutes at a time not allowed to move or anything and it is really, really uncomfortable. Finally, when you're actually done, your teeth hurt like crazy because after being under the laser for so long your teeth get really sensitive. It's so worth it though...my smile looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment