Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What I Believe

I believe that if it’s not a bad day,
Then it must be,
By default,
Forever and always,
With no exceptions,
A good day.

I believe in making art on the driveway
With simple colored chalk
And watching the colors bleed together
When the rain comes to wash it away.

I believe that even the most brutal winter
Will eventually give way
To a beautiful spring.

I believe in the magic
Between the pages
Of an amazing book.

I believe that when you have nothing more to give,
Give a smile;
Even for a second,
The day will seem much brighter.

I believe in placing a hollow object to your ear
And being taken by the awe and curiosity
Of the empty sound
That remotely sounds like the ocean.

I believe in the
Unbreakable bonds
That hold my best friends and I together.

I believe that the sky is the limit
And once you’ve reached it,
You should aim for nothing less
Than the stars.

I believe that you shouldn't have to wait for someone to listen
to make yourself heard.

I believe that everything
could use a pinch of
sparkle.

I believe that we must never surrender our beliefs
because each one
is like a part of you,
and we should never
lose ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Wow
    This is such a beautiful, absolutely stunning poem I've EVER read. AMAZING imagery and use of words. It's so touchy, the poem. I love every stanza, but my favorite out of all is the last one.
    Great Job and keep it up Camila! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job making it unique to you at parts.
    "
    I believe that everything
    could use a pinch of
    sparkle."
    Is something only you would say.

    ReplyDelete